We couldn’t accomplish everything we do without the help of parents, grandparents, and friends of the Kalamazoo Christian Schools. Everyone at KCSA is incredibly grateful for the amazing work that our volunteers do every year. Thanks to them, our students experience an enriched and supportive environment throughout their education.
The families of Kalamazoo Christian Schools form a strong, supportive community that provides many opportunities for parents, as well as grandparents, to be involved in their child’s educational experience. While there is no volunteer commitment required, many families find that volunteering enriches the time that their children spend in our schools and helps to build relationships that can last a lifetime.
“From Him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.”
There are many wonderful opportunities for you to contribute to our KCSA family. Current volunteer opportunities are listed below according to each school.
- Parents and Educators in Partnership (PEP): PEP is a team of parent and grandparent volunteers devoted to the mission of Kalamazoo Christian Elementary School. In partnership with KCES, PEP helps organize and support school events and extracurricular activities that promote fellowship, fundraising and academic fun.
- Room Parent: Help with volunteers, parties, field trips, etc. in our elementary classrooms.
- Athletic Boosters: This group of volunteers helps raise funds to support our high school sports teams.
- Host Family Program: Welcome international students to Kalamazoo Christian Schools by offering up your home and family support.
- Parents in Action for Kids (PAK): PAK is a team of parents that plans various activities including Volupalooza, dances, and other KCHS student events.
- Second Impressions – this volunteer-run retail outlet is essential to support of the KCSA mission. The proceeds from the store help support tuition assistance funds for Kalamazoo Christian Schools.
- T.R.I.P.: Volunteers for the Tuition Reduction Incentive Program (T.R.I.P.) can help count, tally, pick up or deliver orders. Church Liaison: Help keep your church informed about events at Kalamazoo Christian Schools.
- Classroom Helper: Assist our teachers in various classroom settings.
- Office Helper: Provide extra support for our office staff.
- Cafeteria Helper: Help serve hot lunch to our students.