Foundation Support for KCS
The Kalamazoo Christian School Foundation (KCS Foundation) was established in 1966 to provide long term sources of funding for the Kalamazoo Christian Schools. The funds distributed by the foundation support the following aspects:
- Supplemental income for the KCSA’s annual operating budget
- Need-based financial aid for tuition costs
- Scholarship funds for post-HS education
- Funding for special education, science, and engineering programs
- Support for our arts and athletic programs
The KCS Foundation also manages special purpose funds, the earnings from which are made available for designated purposes.
- The Arts Preservation Fund: Endows a teaching position in fine or applied arts and provides supplemental support for purchase of equipment or resources that are not a part of the budget.
- The Joyce E. Bogard Memorial Scholarship Fund: Provides a one-year, non-renewable scholarship for a graduate of KCHS to pursue post-high school education or vocational training. The scholarship is awarded to students who have clearly articulated their career goals, have demonstrated compassion and service to others and have financial needs.
- The DeNooyer Staff Development Fund: Designated for professional development activities, helping Kalamazoo Christian School educators attend workshops and take part in other training opportunities to enhance their teaching skills.
- The KCSF Endowment: Provides unrestricted financial support for the Kalamazoo Christian School Association’s annual operating expenses.
- The KCHS Technical Achievement Scholarship Endowment Fund: Provides scholarship awards to KCHS graduates who distinguish themselves in their study of applied technology and pursue post-secondary education at a trade or vocational school.
- The John C. Klosterman Scholarship Fund: Provides one or more scholarships annually for graduates of KCHS to attend Calvin College. (Renewable)
- The Molenaar Family Endowment Fund: Provides financial support for the athletic and music programs at the Kalamazoo Christian High School.
- The Michael A. Pinto II Special Education Endowment Fund: Provides financial support to staff and equips special services Learning Centers in each of the Kalamazoo Christian Schools.
- The Vandermay Trade Scholarship Fund: Offers KCHS graduates financial assistance with post-secondary education at a trade or technical schools. (Renewable)
- The Dale and Dorothy VanHamersveld Scholarship for Women in Church Ministries Fund: Awards grants to female graduates of Kalamazoo Christian High School who are committed to Reformed or Christian Reformed ministry and choose to study at Calvin College, Dordt College, Hope College, or Trinity Christian college, or pursue graduate studies at Calvin Seminary or Western Theological Seminary. (Renewable)
- The VanderSteen Community Service Scholarship Fund: Provides financial aid to KCHS graduates who express a strong interest in community or volunteer services and plan to attend Calvin College.
- The DeJong Athletic Scholarship: Provides scholarships to graduating KCHS athletes with need-based financial aid in a four-year college. (Non-renewable)
- KCHS Science and Engineering Endowment Fund: Provides endowed funding for science and engineering curriculum expenses.
- Special Education Fund: Provides support for the education of special needs students.
- The Bonnie vanLonkhuyzen Financial Aid: Provides needs-based tuition assistance for students coming out of the middle school. Assistance can be renewable but not intended to cover the entire cost of tuition.
The Kalamazoo Christian School Foundation also provides need-based financial aid for tuition to families currently enrolled in the Kalamazoo Christian Schools through the following funds:
- The Bushhouse Tuition Assistance Fund
- The Chris and Esther Kamminga Financial Aid Endowment Fund
- The Albert Kloosterman Financial Aid Endowment Fund
- The Langeland Family Fund
- The Freeman L. And Frances F. Russell Fund
- Covenant Promise
- Duane & Joyce Triemstra Family Fund
- Samaritan Fund
Support the KCS Foundation
Gifts in a Will
Leave the Kalamazoo Christian Schools in your will or trust.
Consider a gift of stock or marketable securities, business interests, life insurance, real estate, or retirement benefits.
Income for Life
Partner with Kalamazoo Christian Schools in a lifetime income agreement and receive steady income for the rest of your life.
For More Information
To learn more about the Kalamazoo Christian School Foundation, to donate, and for how to apply for the funds listed here, please contact Larry Stehouwer, Executive Director, by phone (269) 381-2044, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to KCS Foundation, 2121 Stadium Dr, Kalamazoo MI 49008.